I’ve come to realize that I don’t often need my spirits lifted as I vibrate at a pretty high frequency already. What raises it?
- Watching TV or reading while sitting on the couch with the dogs – one in the crook of my knees and the other on the floor in front – they regularly change their positions.
- Random texts from my kids – either in our family group chat or individually. I have a comical (and supportive) crew.
- Invitations from girlfriends to join them at dinner, a movie, a performance. It’s nice not to be the one organizing gatherings, though that can be fun, too.
- Meditation which I try to do at least once every day. The Heartwave, Deeply Theta and Sound Asleep tracks from iAwake Technologies are my favourite.
- A steaming mug of hot tea and a slice of Carole’s carrot cake.
- When I get home and load the SD card into the computer to realize I did, indeed, capture the shot I wanted.
- Sometimes one of my characters (in the novel-in-progress) does something unexpected – and perfect.
All pretty simple things.
When it needs a boost, what raises your spirits?