Strength is an interesting thing. I read the prompt and immediately thought to write about strength of mind, which is where I believe I am strongest. I realized there is so much more that can be explored.
I have so many tools that encourage me to feel strong, every day:
- I see my personal trainer in my home 3x each week. She helps me with my physical strength and flexibility and always pushes me to do more.
- I take Levothyroxine (Synthroid) every morning for my thyroid disease which, when out of control, makes me feel like I’m living in an exhausted fog.
- I meditate twice a day for 20+ minutes each time to boost my emotional strength – with the added benefits of calm and clarity of thought.
- I hear from one, two, three and sometimes all four of my kids every day which makes me feel strong connection and love.
- I sleep at least 7 hours every night, and on a good night I get more, helping me face the day.
- I eat clean, well balanced meals, to keep my body strong and functioning as well as it can.
- I drink litres of mineral water, green tea and golden milk through the day – and too much wine at night (fixing that!).
- I take medication and supplements to keep me healthy and strong.
- I get out of the house daily – for a walk, a visit with friends, a morning tea on the deck, a meal at the Oakville Club, a course or workshop.
- I automate my time in order to focus on the things that mean the most to me.
This has been a particularly strong week as I managed all of those things. Strength converts to ‘confidence’ in my mind. I felt confident in all of ten areas I listed.
What did I miss? Where and when do you feel strongest?