I think Mercury Retrograde gets a bad rap.
I believe this is a time to be gentle with yourself and others. It is a time of miscommunication so therefore also a time to be patient. It is a time to embrace your innate sensitivity and powers of empathy. It is an ideal time to take stock of your life – what areas need work, is there anything out of balance?
There are a few things that are traditionally avoided: signing contracts, starting new projects, make major purchases. I don’t know about you but I can postpone any anticipated contracts, projects and purchases.
You will be late, plan to take extra time getting anywhere.
For the most part Mercury Rx is filled with mild annoyances – more than those found in a usual 3-week stretch of time – but nothing earth shattering, at least not so far in my experience.
My Mercury Rx Survival Kit includes:
- Adding more blue (throat chakra) to my world – agate and other crystals, clothing, jewellery
- Reducing exposure to social media and news programs
- More quiet time to REflect, REview, REvise, RElax and REcharge
- Taking salt baths (as many as I can stand as a non-bath person)
- Adding eucalyptus bunches to the shower
- Pack patience and take it with me everywhere
Things I practice normally take on new importance:
- Twice daily meditation, but I will switch up the iAwake program
- Pay more attention to my intuition
- Play devil’s advocate: look at all sides of a story or situation
- Enjoy creating: read, write, paint, craft, colour
- Write morning pages
- Pull Oracle cards
Perhaps since Mercury is the ruling planet of Virgo and I am both a Virgo sun and Virgo rising it feels more comfortable to me than to others. For me it’s like putting on a favourite sweater or enjoying a favourite beverage. I accomplish a lot during these spurts, especially around the house organizing and purging rooms, cupboards, closets. It’s also the time I get my filing updated. I never know what will get done, I just know plenty will be accomplished, and often not something that is already on my neverending list of projects. I look forward to what it might be!
I listened to an interesting bit on YouTube which made me so happy – this specific Mercury Retrograde is in Pisces which means it is perfect for creatives which includes those who are writers (or in my case, wannabe writers) as it will help me tune into intuition and flow. I have set a goal of writing a minimum of 1,000 words every day in March which dovetales nicely with the duration of the Retrograde. My intuition is back in working order! This is very exciting, indeed.
How do you prepare for Mercury Rx? Do you find your world gets wonky during this time of year?
2019 Mercury Rx Dates:
- March 5 – March 28 (in Pisces)
- July 8 (in Leo) – August 1 (in Cancer)
- October 31 – November 20 (in Scorpio)
I found this great graphic in Google Images, sums things up pretty well: