To continue creating the life I desire, I am taking Danielle LaPorte’s weekly prompts and instead of writing them in a private journal, I will share them here. This year I fully embrace the idea that “there is no need to be perfect to inspire others; let others get inspiration by how you deal with your imperfections.” You will find plenty! Feel free to join me!
WEEK 30: The art of making Desire Mapping sustainable is to do small, easy things on a daily basis to generate your Core Desired Feelings. You’re so familiar with this. You’ve been living it. So today, I want you to take each of your Core Desired Feelings and write down one or two SIMPLE things you want to do this week that are going to help you feel that way.
So what would be sooooo easy? Pick something you can do right now, right this minute to feel that way.
Stepping outside for fresh air, deep breathing, drinking water, dance party in the kitchen, texting your BFF.
POSITIVE DECLARATION OF THE WEEK: I live and work from my heart.
Whoot! I’m halfway through these Danielle LaPorte curated prompts and I’m greatly enjoying how they are making me think about how I show up for myself every day.
Honestly, looking back over the last months, a lot of this year has been one step forward two steps back – but not in a bad way, just a bit frustrating. I’m learning to embrace the lessons because I know that ultimately I am moving forward.
Much of my desire for my future is pretty simple: slow and less.
- I want to live in a home that is completely finished and comfortable meeting all of my needs. I’ve taken great strides toward that goal this year but the hardwood floor installation was a brutal process! It was like moving out of the house without actually moving. It created a lot of purging (good) and dust (bad). But it’s done!
- I want to finish my novel-in-progress. I took some time to read a few books rather than writing so that I could get a better handle on my point of view. I also took a couple of courses which really taught me a lot which will only make my story better. Now it’s time to refocus and start again.
- I want to travel and see new things. I’ve been taking weekend trips nothing crazy big until this summer when I go overseas with Caden. Time to do some research to figure out what lenses to pack. (Advice appreciated!)
- I want to face my fears and continue to say “yes” to scary things: publishing personal and vulnerable responses to these prompts for everyone to read; appearing as a guest on a podcast; and, being on stage were the big ones. I look forward to what else comes up.
- I want to be an example to my children of how you can live a fulfilling and joyous life on your own terms; especially now as they navigate the ups and downs of early adulthood. You can always course correct. You are not stuck with your decisions. Perspectives are meant to change. Flow is good.
My life continues to feel better and better. The process can be long and distracting but I know that I am moving forward and manifesting the life I desire and deserve.