Annual sister time in Tucson came and went far too quickly. We arrived in the desert absolutely exhausted as we both live full family-focused lives where we often find ourselves at the bottom of our personal “to do” lists. This week away is a reward as well as a chance to recharge before the stressful demands of summatives, exams and end of school year events. I am thankful I don’t actually have to write the exams and do the assignments, but my role as support staff can be pretty demanding!
HUMMINGBIRD NEST |
CHAIR YOGA PREP |
100 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT |
DESERT BLOOMS |
WILDERNESS WARNING |
As always, the desert and the Ranch hold so much for me. This year I learned:
01. I can hold my own with anyone who has a bunch of letters after his name. Speaking my truth is liberating!
02. Breathing class is one of my favourites – that and chair yoga.
03. Waterproof sunscreen is not. Nor is it even water resistant.
04. Thankful to the deep water instructor who reminded us that calories are burned even when we are “just” trying. Sometimes more!
05. The desert is HOT in late April.
06. Hot stone massages are amazing, I wish I could have packed Shane in my bag and brought him home with me.
07. I will miss my daily visits to the turtles. And the purposeful presence of hummingbirds. Plus the presence of native wild boars (javelina) which are ugly, jackrabbits abundant and the ding-a-ling baby duck that may be the only survivor.
08. The connective tissue treatment with Kate released a bunch of goo. I’m already looking forward to returning for another session.
09. “The Real Housewives” of anywhere are unbearably shrill. Click!
10. The 10 of Swords provided confirmation of what I know in my heart to be true: this phase is OVER. What’s next?