LIST 09 | List what you need in your life right now.
There’s a doozie of a prompt!
I don’t need much, but my heart ached with the idea that maybe if I asked, I could have Bill back. I want for nothing, but I would like to have that unconditional acceptance, pure love, interesting conversations, laughter and joy again.
I need nothing. I want a few things:
- I’d like the chemo to work and Caden have a clean bill of health.
- I’d like all four of my kids at home. At least in the same country.
- I’d like a full night’s sleep and wake up refreshed every morning.
- I’d like to be able to see my friends and family whenever I want, wherever I want.
- I’d like to travel to Fogo Island, Newfoundland, or Turks and Caicos, or Scotland and Ireland and the Faroe Islands or Greece and Croatia or Greenland.
- I’d like to see Bruce Springsteen in concert again. (It would be my 5th time, well behind Bill’s 100+)
- I’d like to finish my book and have it published – to great acclaim, of course. And then write a handful more.
- I’d like to have the renovations completed in Southampton.
- I’d like to have a Bentley convertible.
- I’d like a collection of humongous geodes – quartz, amethyst, all of them!
- I’d like to have a sweet boutique on High Street.
- I’d like twinkle lights all over my new porch and draped through the backyard.
- I’d like to not have to cook for anything but pleasure ever again.
- I’d like my wardrobe to be made up exclusively of Eileen Fisher clothing.
- I’d like my makeup brushes to arrive so I can start playing.
- I’d like to open a retreat centre for women’s empowerment and fulfilment.
I have to stop there because this list can go on and on.
To be clear, I’m happy to not have any of these things as none of them do I need.