LIST 40 | List the things you would say to other people if you had the courage.
In this day and age, it is often risky to say anything to anyone – especially strangers with their placards and screaming agendas (both sides). There is no place for respectful discourse. No one can have a meaningful conversation anymore. Civility is dead.
I have the courage to say what I believe to those I respect and who I know have respect for me. Pointing and naming the elephant in the room is, after all, my primary superpower. That said, I welcome and hope others feel they can call me out when required.
What would I say?
- No. I made a promise. For your selfish wants, you are asking me to break that promise – in essence, you are asking me to lie. For you. Back off.
- That is not okay: put on the mask, do the full 14-day quarantine; you are not special and separate, you are one of the whole. Stop being so selfish.
- Step back. Seriously, 2 metres. Front and back. It’s not that hard.
- Hello? Boundaries! Thank you so much for your unsolicited opinion.
- You might want to re-think that. I don’t care that its inconvenient for you, this situation is not a violation of your human rights.
My focus is on respect. Show up. Show some.