LIST 33 | List the negative narratives you repeat to yourself in your mind.
Over the years, I’ve done a lot to overcome the negative self-talk and limiting beliefs I was burdened with from my childhood and marriage. Therapy, coaching, journaling, and meditation are incredible tools I use regularly! I had to think pretty hard about this – dug deep into the recesses of my mind to find what was dormant. Yep, found a couple!
- Maybe my mother was right and I’m too sensitive, too emotional.
- I didn’t do enough for him – maybe there was something I missed that could have made his life easier, maybe he’d still be here.
- I’m too old to take off the weight.
- No one will want to read my book, it’s not interesting enough. I’m not interesting enough.
- I wasn’t deserving of being loved so completely. I’ll never feel joy again.
Well, enough of that! The reality is I’m not listening to the negative narratives. I’m showing up for my life every day in the best way I can. That really is the only thing I can do.