LIST 07 | Set a timer for ten minutes and list everything that is stressing you out right now. When the ten minutes are up, be done thinking about these things.
I don’t know that I needed 10-minutes for this exercise. Since starting my meditation practice a couple of years ago, I’ve had a pretty good handle on stress. (Though I have to admit that lately, things have been more frantic than usual causing more chaos than I’d like.)
Stress for me looks like:
- His health
- My health
- Our new business and the steep learning curve
- My kids’ education and their future plans
- The unwritten book
- Upcoming events in various stages of planning
- My relationship with my dad
- My relationship with my sisters
- The endless piles
- The garbage in the garage
- The disaster that is my office
- The neverending home improvement projects
- How does everyone do Instagram so quickly and well?
- Summer employment/programs for the kids
- Living arrangements for everyone next year
The stress I feel is more passive in nature. I am a convert to the belief that I can not control anything in life. I’m doing my best to go with the flow of the circumstances of my life – sometimes giving things a gentle nudge here and there. I am no longer depending or manipulating a particular result. It is what it is and that’s more than okay with me.